A new list of the Top Recommended Coupes has been set out by Edmunds.com for the 2010. Halfway it reflects the same one they had last year: at least the cheapest and the most expensive cars are have not been replaces by other models. Here are the 10 coupes they offer:
• The vehicles under $20,000 are chosen not only for their affordability. They are comfortable, stylish and fuel efficient.
1. Mini Cooper is first of all incredibly good on gas: the perfect option for now-a-days customers. In addition, it looks great, it is easy to drive, has innovative convertible roof and overall is highly customizable.
2. Honda Civic got into the top list again because it is a “reliable and enjoyable-to-drive small car”. The coupe has not changed in the last few years, but it has had popularity all this time.
• The price range of coupes under $30,000 was taken by the two sporties from an American and a Korean automakers. Both of them are well-built and hard to resist.
3. Hyundai Genesis Coupe combines good price with sharp handling, comfortable ride, and handsome appearance. In general, Edmunds qualifies Genesis as a “nice car”.
4. Ford Mustang is really good with a V8 engine, though it is not a basic feature for the coupe. It has a retro styling and a lot of interesting updates: larger wheels, standard stability control, Ford Sync, and others.
• The cars for $40,000 have been picked for the category because of their sexy style. For the amount of luxurious features they offer, the price tag is not bad at all.
5. BMW 3 Series remains in this category for another year, because it is comfortable, fast, athletic and refined. Edmunds considers it the best entry-level luxury sedan.
6. Audi A5 is a good representative of German luxury coupes on the North-American market. The car has perfect inside trim and exterior, which “turns heads wherever it rolls”.
• The next price range is good for those who plan to spend a good amount of money on a coupe, but still set some limits for themselves: under $60,000 is all one needs to buy a luxury car and feel like a king of the road.
7. Mercedes-Benz E-Class is not only better than its 2009 predecessor in performance characteristics; it is also more affordable for customers. By dropping about $5,500 in price, the coupe does not sacrifice quality. Wonderful ride and handling, perfectly made German engines, a lot of safety features, spacious interior are the big “pluses” of the car.
8. Porsche Cayman keeps this position from the last year. The coupe deserves it with responsive steering and strong brakes. In general, the car is highly customizable, although the options might seem too expensive.
• The most expensive coupes have not been changes: Edmunds still gives its preference to Audi and Porsche in this category for being “the most capable sports cars in the world”.
9. Audi R8 is equipped with “the world’s best engine”, all-wheel-drive, and slick gated manual transmission. It is done so well that the editors call it the best “combination of speed, athleticism, style, and comfort”.
10. Porsche 911 is the iconic supercar, which provides the most livable performance with the wonderfully responsive transmission.